Reports to: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Direct Reports: None
Location: Columbus, Ohio
High-quality beer starts with a high-quality team. At Columbus Brewing Company (CBC), we understand that the beer we make is only as good as the people contributing to it. When it comes to our beer and people, we have the best in town.
The Procurement Manager will oversee the procurement of all goods and services required by Columbus Brewing Company (CBC) for operational and strategic purposes. You’ll develop our standard practices and manage relationships for both internal (business leaders, functional department leads, etc) and external stakeholders (vendors, customers, etc) to aid in the strategic selection of suppliers, supplier diversity, and contract negotiations. This role will be tasked with seeking appropriate solutions for all sourcing needs, creating, reviewing, and negotiating contractual arrangements through thought leadership, subject matter specialization, and strategic advising.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Negotiate contracts and terms with all suppliers and vendors.
- Partner with cross-functional teammates to understand business requirements and strike balance between cost-effectiveness and quality.
- Build business cases to determine optimal allocation of company resources.
- Set inventory par values and manage inventory levels accordingly.
- Lead adoption of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) module of ERP software.
- Drive and measure cost reduction initiatives.
- Create reporting for leadership team on spend analysis, cost savings, etc.
- Lead implementation of system-based Purchase Order approval process.
- Minimal travel to key vendors (5%) expected.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years of experience in supply chain, purchasing or vendor management
- Bachelor’s Degree required – logistics, engineering or finance major preferred.
- A functional knowledge of ERP software and procurement techniques.
- An analytical mind with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities.
- Ability to work autonomously with multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify and complete tasks based on prioritization level and severity.
- Proficiency in MS Office required, experience with SAP a plus.
- Free beer! Yep, it’s really free.
- Teammates get a free post-shift pint when our taproom is open. We also have an employee pallet that’s always stocked and up for grabs. Oh, let’s not forget the beers on tap in the breakroom. The list goes on and on…
- A monthly pre-loaded gift card to spend in our taproom on anything you want (including merch!)
- Teammate discounts on food, beer, and merch
- You won’t need a personal beer budget ever again
- Bragging rights – let’s face it, your job is cool, and people need to know
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- IRA retirement plan with a 3% company match (you’re fully vested from day 1!)
- 15 days (120 hours) of paid time off per year
- 6 company-paid holidays per year
Ready to join the team? Apply now or shoot us a quick email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Procurement Manager” in the subject line and remember to include your resume and a cover letter. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Columbus Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.